Way OT: Good Undershirts?

On a serious note actually somewhat relevant to our industry, Arc Flash PPE regulations state strictly 100% cotton undergarments.

I’m interested in this as we are very far behind with arc flash PPE. I was under the assumption that layering in no longer advised by NFPA 70, and the outer garment shall provide all the protection.

Off the wall question for everybody: what undershirts would you recommend?

Up until know I've pretty much just grabbed a pack of whatever's cheap when I needed undershirts, and it's left me with a pile of shirts that are technically functional without being particularly comfy. I've gone a little long and now need to replace all of them at once.

Anybody have a brand/material they buy that they especially like? I'd like to stock up on something good vs just getting another pile of whatever.

The Flex Stretch cotton V-neck is from Express. Excellent color choices for those occasions when you want to wear it with a tee. I am a fan of a V-neck because while wearing a dress shirt it's hard to see my collar since it's a undershirt. If you're wearing it underneath a white button-up make sure to have a gray undershirt on so it doesn't appear too much.

On a serious note actually somewhat relevant to our industry, Arc Flash PPE regulations state strictly 100% cotton undergarments.

This, synthetic fibers will melt to your skin. Likely a good idea to not catch fire reguardless of clothing material though.

I always buy Hanes Pocket-T's. Tagless ones.

They have a good life and whenever I accidentally buy non-pocket T's I am always trying to put something in the pocket.

If you are looking for T-Shirts...
Hands down..... Duluth Trading Company

Excellent material that is thick.
They are longer, so they hide "butt crack" issues and stay tucked in.
You can get them in trim sizes, with or without pocket. Lots of colors.
Yes... a little expensive, but not so bad if you catch a sale.

Back
Top Bottom