Rockwell Software woes...

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just had a new laptop, spent 7 days installing every version of Logix5000 and Studio5000 that I need to do my job, and so far pretty impressed with the speed of it.

It boots into windows 10 in about 9 seconds, which I consider to be more than acceptable, but opening an .ACD file takes only 1 minute and 30 seconds, which is a slight improvement over my last laptop, where I would go out for a 10 mile walk while it sorted out the revision level and loaded the right app.

What is wrong with this software ? Can it be fixed locally ?

If it's about searching for activations, then change the search order to "local first", where it will find my dongle, before crying out to the internet.

RA, launching your software is a PITA, sort it out please !

A 5 minute wait before an application file is "available" to a registered customer is wholly unacceptable.

Rant over.....

Are you running solid state on all your versions? I can get an .acd to open in about 20 seconds, that’s with I7 and all SSD.

I have a not very powerful machine and my software is running in a VM, a project took 21 seconds to open. Something is definitely wrong.

I don't think W10 comes with internet explorer anymore (I don't use it yet) but there was some internet explorer security settings that caused a delay in opening for what I can only imagine was a really dumb reason. Maybe see if IE is installed, or check "Edge" for the same thing...

Settings > Internet Options > Advanced Tab

Uncheck:

"Check for publisher’s certificate revocation" AND
"Check for server certificate revocation"

KB BF22056

edit: Maybe check out KB QA2337 too. They'v really goofed up their knowledge base. there is a link in that article that might be something too but since they seem to have migrated knowledge base article numbers to a new format, the link now longer works...

Last edited:
I have a not very powerful machine and my software is running in a VM, a project took 21 seconds to open. Something is definitely wrong.

I don't think W10 comes with internet explorer anymore (I don't use it yet) but there was some internet explorer security settings that caused a delay in opening for what I can only imagine was a really dumb reason. Maybe see if IE is installed, or check "Edge" for the same thing...

Settings > Internet Options > Advanced Tab

Uncheck:

"Check for publisher’s certificate revocation" AND
"Check for server certificate revocation"

KB BF22056

edit: Maybe check out KB QA2337 too. They'v really goofed up their knowledge base. there is a link in that article that might be something too but since they seem to have migrated knowledge base article numbers to a new format, the link now longer works...

This is still very much relevant in Win10. The above is also something I have done and had good results with. (y)

The server certificates makes a huge difference.

With that box checked it takes me 1:15 to open a file. With that option deselected it goes down to 0:12.

For Windows 7 go to the Control Panel and select Internet Options ==> Advanced then scroll down to the Security section. You can also click Start and in the search field type Internet Options until you see it listed under the Control Panel section.

I always deselect two options but I believe the second one is the one that makes the difference:

Check for publisher's certificate revocation
Check for server certiciate revocation

In Windows 10 if you have the search field visible simply start typing Internet Options until you see it appear. If you don't have the search field, just click the Start button and start typing.

OG

Where this could really be bad is when you opened Logix (at least 45 second delay) and then clicked on Who Active (another 45 second delay).

With the corrected setting, both delays are removed.

OG