Omron Relays

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone seen relay blocks like this (G6B-4CB)? I am retrofitting an old machine with new drives and it appears to me that the two blocks on the left aren't being used....since I don't see but 0V wires terminated at the bottoms of these. They run from this relay to an I/O connection board (also Omron), that then connects to the I/O port of an MC421. Thanks

Haven't used it but it seems pretty straightforward looking at the datasheet. One thing to be aware of, it appears that the positive sides of all the coils are jumpered internally. This means the signals activating the individual coils would need to be negative/0V, i.e. from a sinking output module.

EDIT: To address your original question, it does look like the N.C. contacts on the left two relays are in use (9-5 and 10-6).

G6B4CB.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! May I ask where you found this? I looked all over. I found other relay blocks but not this one in specific. I also have a G6B-4BND, which I did find the datasheet for.

Haven't used it but it seems pretty straightforward looking at the datasheet. One thing to be aware of, it appears that the positive sides of all the coils are jumpered internally. This means the signals activating the individual coils would need to be negative/0V, i.e. from a sinking output module.

EDIT: To address your original question, it does look like the N.C. contacts on the left two relays are in use (9-5 and 10-6).

Omron relays.jpg

The G6B-4B and G6B-4C are quite a bit different