Sum part of an array starting at element 70

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm trying to sum the last part of an array starting at element 70 for 30 elements.

I placed a 70 in the .POS element of the FAL and it gets cleared to zero at each pass. I haven't seen examples that start anywhere other than zero yet so I gotta ask.

What is the proper way to start at somewhere other than zero?

I get where you are going with those but I can't enter anything but a DINT into the POS field of the FAL instruction. I tried entering a starting position withe MOV on the rung above and still resets to zero.

I get where you are going with those but I can't enter anything but a DINT into the POS field of the FAL instruction. I tried entering a starting position withe MOV on the rung above and still resets to zero.

But you can write a value to the POS of the control. MOV 70 MyControl.POS

How big is your array
if you are starting at 70 and using 3 elements then the array length must be at least 101
I got in the practice of always making my arrays larger then I need to avoid index overrun and processor fault

Placed LoopyDoop on a trend and watched .POS. It goes from zero to 70 and back to zero. What is going on with this instruction?

In my example, it is 0 when the instruction is not true, It's first iteration starts at 70 once the instruction goes true. I had a value in [0], it was not included in the sum.