Manipulating a String from a barcode scanner.

Cjohnson9127

I have a barcode scanner reading bin labels and handing a string to an Laser Guided vehicle to place the bin in its appropriate location based on the barcode. There is a situation where if the bin fails inspection I need to make the system overlook the barcode and take the bin to a different area. To do this I just need to change the 23rd digit of my string to a 5 instead of a 0-4. Can I do this just by copying a 5 into that digit, or do I need to make a seperate string to replace the scanners results when this inspection is failed. Thank you for the help!

If this is a Rockwell-based device receiving the barcode, then, yes, it is possible to directly replace a character into the .DATA array element (i.e., [22]) of the STRING tag after the barcode is received. Just make sure to use the ASCII value of "5" and not 5 itself (assuming all received info is ASCII).