Issues with RSLINX classic service mode

rejoe.koshy

Hey Folks,
I am facing an issue with rslinx classic (gateway) , wherein the "always run in service mode" checkbox does not appear on the launch control screen.

The version of the software used is 2.57 and operating system is windows 10, 64 bit. I have an application which pulls data from linx via DDE and hence rslinx needs to be open(in application mode) for the data flow to take place, which is an inconvenience.

I have researched the net but with no real help. Pls assist me to troubleshoot the issue.

Rockwell lists RS-Linx Classic 2.57 as incompatible with all versions of Windows 10.

Not that it will necessarily fail, just that you might consider upgrading to a fully supported version as a first step, if possible.

Similar Topics

I am having and error thrown by RSLinx on the Event Viewer: a DDE/OPC client has passed an invalid server handle while attempting an Async IO...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a couple of PC's on our network, one that's been in a good few years, and one that I have just installed next to it. The issue I have...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm hoping this question comes with a simple answer. I'm trying to add a 1756-EN2T/D Ethernet IP Module into our current RSLinx Ethernet...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! I am new to the site, I found it while trying to find help getting my driver set up. I am a Mechatronics student, and we are now...
Replies
Views
More & more frequently I am finding I have to stop the Harmony service. Then delete the Harmony file. ( For some reason only 1 file, not 2. Now...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom