Protocol Error, Koyo

awalinski

Hi Bernie,
you've helped me before, so today another problem:
After reconnecting EZ-TOUCH panel to plc ( DL-250, top port )
I get this error. PLC Switch in "term" , the system works, but of course, there is no control. I could not find anything beside "switch in Term" neither in manuals or AD forum on line.
Before reconnecting I installed the flush card and downloaded the program (K-Sequence), but certainly, this is not what's causing it, is it?

Last edited:
I did. They could not offer any solution. I am supposed to send program to them, but the error is in serial comms, not a program.
I loaded plc and screen program on my tester and was not able to repeat the problem. Everything works fine on testers.

Alexandra,

Usually this indicates either noise on the communications line or extremely high data flow on more than one port.
Make sure that your Power supply is dedicated to the EZ-Touch panel only. It needs to be a minimum 1.2 amps. If you are using a power supply that powers other products they may be interfering with the incoming power. Coils, solenoids, clutches, brakes, etc that are powered off of the same supply as the EZ-Touch can cause CEMF problems.

Next be sure that the communications and power lines are seperated away from AC power sources and anything that might generate a magnetic field. Welders, Contactors, VFDs, AC wiring, coils, clutches, brakes, etc.

If you have high data flow on more than one port, try setting the ports to different protocols. Eg K-Sequence on port one, DirectNet on port two. Or if you are using a DCM or ECOM module, set your serial ports to DirectNet.