Unrecognized Device (Rs Linx Classic 2.59)

Martindag

Hey guys,

Im configuring my network on VWmare this morning and updated my Rs linx from 2.54 to 2.59, now i can see prety much everything in my network except a panelview plus 6 compact 600 that i use for my waste water system. Was wondering why it's not recognized, it<s on the network i can even access to my internal memory and everything from my laptop but for some reason rs linx can<t recognize it like on the picture i attached.

Thanks !

HMInotfound.jpg

It's almost certainly because the proper EDS file is not registered with RSLinx Classic.

However, it doesn't matter. RSLinx Classic can perform no useful functions with regard to the PanelView Plus 6 (except for browsing, which you've seen).

It's RSLinx Enterprise, the built-in communication drivers for FactoryTalk View Studio, that handle all upload, download, and runtime communications for the PanelView Plus.

That 1734-AENT module probably also needs an EDS file registered. It might support "upload from module", or you can get it from the RA website. But again it's not as important because you don't download or upload anything directly from the 1734-AENT.

While it's not important to recognize Panelview terminals in RSLinx Classic, and certain other devices, we some of us do like to have things all neat and tidy in our own little heads.

So if you happen to be one of the pedantic souls out there...

The latest EDS file for the Panelview Plus 6 Compact 600 is v6.1 and is available to download here...

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/EN/0001001800B10600.eds

Note: Regardless of the EDS file, the terminal must be running firmware revision 7.00 minimum in order for RSLinx Classic to properly recognize it.

The latest EDS file for the 1734-AENT is v3.1 and is available to download here...

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/EN/0001000C006C0300.eds

Regards,
George

i can upload from this HMI without problem but i was wondering if i could have a problem later with it because i dont get the right display, but if you say it's doesnt matter well then i dont need them :) thanks alot for the reply.