AD tempature

Rich1955

This is my first shot at doing tempature Latter logis and I just am not getting it, a little over my head from trying to put to much into it. I've read all the material I can get my hands on and you can see a start of my program in downloads under work in progress. What I need is a simple program from start to finish so I can break it down to dirve the little light on in my head.

I assuming you need ON OFF control and you use Automation Direct PLC.
DL06
You have some stages to go thru.

1.Setup your analog input.
2.Calibrate your value to F, C.In my sampl is Celsius.
3.Set the Delta you want between the start and stop.
4.make the calculation you need to do.
5.Control your device.

I was short in memorey is this program so I used counters and timers V memory .You can use regular V memory.

a temp control 2.jpg

Last edited:
The light flickered and went out

First I'm using a 205/260 (might need a couple sub bases when done, once I get a feel for the hole program and count I/O)
#1 I'm using 3 F2-04THM T/C cards
#2 Cards set to F
#3 This is where I get a little lost because All the manuales don't tell you how for the 12 inputs to compair (lost for words)?

I made a small program to get started and need a little push in the right direction.

On rung one, V2000,V2001 is the BCD of the first chanel input, lets say its 120F
Now I need to compair 120F to 300F (SP) to make the value of V1400 (output timer T1, Rung 6)

Where did the V2005 on rung 5 come from? (Out of the manuals)

I'm lost, got to read some more, Its not fitting together

Rich,

Discribe your application. Do a general discription, then a step by step discriotion. (you gotta know what end result you want first).

Discribe your application. Do a general discription, then a step by step discriotion. (you gotta know what end result you want first).

Elevmike Here is a little back ground. I've been working on this type machines for 20 years. I see them when they were just a ton of relays and cam switches. Now I on the build end of these machines and build some but not had to program the hole thing. That was the other Guy. But hey the other guy is no longer here. On this generation of machines we decided to get rid of the 12 temp controls and put them in the PLC and touch screen. Take the cams out and replace them with 2 servo (my next step after this). So I have some of the old programs (hard copy) but have to add the new stuff. I have to do this on my own so that I can learn it. I've been reading hard (even got Phill book and new 80% of it all ready)

If your ? is do I know what the machine will do is yes. Do I know how to make the machine do what I want it to do NO not yet but getting there.

If you can shead some light from T/C input to Time Proportional output
I might not have to read so much.

Thanks Rich

Rich,

The first thing I see is that the "END" statement is missing.

When I tried to load the program I got 3 errors. The missing "End" statement and two invalid parameters. I changed the v500 to v2500 and this seemed to take care of that.

Where did the V2005 on rung 5 come from? (Out of the manuals)

The V2005 is the output location for the PID Loop. You may want to look at the section on PID just before the section on TPC.

I hope this helps.

V2005

In the examples in the text of the manuales V2005 is the chanel 3 over flow bit for the T/C
Also V2005 is the output of the PID loop.

I have to change one of these, that is why I'm confused. My first guess is that the T/C vmen are not written in stone and can be changed but I don't know.

This is why I need a little more information and trying to read everything.

Why can't they make examples that goes from start to finish, that is what I do.

A little help if you please.

The address that the TC card data is mapped to can be changed. This is set by the LDA O2000 (V2000). If you wanted to change this to say V3000 You would LDA O3000.

Look in the manual page 7-13.

Thanks RDay

RDay, I got page 7-13 burned in my head, thats the page that got me confused but I now know more than I did a few days ago and decided to go with PID with Time Proportion on/off control, page 8-21 for the 260 shead a lot of light. Once I finish reading chapter 8 I'm going to make a sample program and post it to see if I did it right.

Thanks again
Rich

PS I fix the program and here it is