Omron PLC Info Needed

mjp123gp

I've got a customer with a printing machine that has an Omron C200H-CPU21-E and the processor is dead. I've got 120VAC but no status indicator lights, 24VDC output power, or anything else. I've found a few of these available on eBay so getting spare parts isn't really an issue, the problem is I haven't had much experience with Omron controllers. Hopefully someone can help me with a few questions I have below.

1) If I get the processor replaced, will I be able to swap the memory unit(C200H-MR831) to the new processor and the program load itself?

2) It looks like I'll need the cable USB-CQM1-CIF02. Is this correct?

3) What software is needed to work with this system? I've done a little research and from what i've found it looks like the CX-One software will work. I've got version 4.27.

4) Whats needed to get online and troubleshoot this processor? Is it similar to an Allen-Bradley or Siemens where I can connect and upload the program and make changes if needed or does it require me to have the source code before I can get online with it?

Thanks in Advance!

1 - This may work provided that the battery is still good.
http://www.omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/plc/c200h/w218-e1-6.pdf
2 - In order to program you will need a host link adapter for this PLC. 3G2A6-LK201 that will use the connector on the CPU or a C200H-LK201 that will fit in the rack.
https://www.fa.omron.com.cn/data_pdf/mnu/w143-07_c200h-lk_c500-lk_3g2a6-lk.pdf
3 - CX-Programmer will work. It is part of CX-One. Your version should work.
4 - You will need a RS232 cable to the unit.
http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/XW2Z-_DS.pdf

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Could I also use the C200H-IP007 peripheral interface with the CQM1-CIF02 cable for programming? It looks like this would plug into the port on the bottom of the processor. I'm trying to find the cheapest route because this will likely be the only time I ever use this cable.

BobB,
Based on the US list price of over $2600, a host link makes more sense.

Basically this is the only "Omron" available solution to connect to C200H hardware. Host Links were discontinued several years ago.

mjp123gp,
Your most cost effective option will be to see if there is an open slot in the CPU backplane.

If there is use a C200H-LK201-V1 host link unit, RS232 port and a null modem cable.

Please NOTE: not all USB to RS232 adapters are the same. Omron CS1W-CIF31 is basically bullet proof, but not inexpensive. Most have had pretty good luck with Keyspan USA-19HS.

Hope this helps.

BobB,
Based on the US list price of over $2600, a host link makes more sense.

Basically this is the only "Omron" available solution to connect to C200H hardware. Host Links were discontinued several years ago.

mjp123gp,
Your most cost effective option will be to see if there is an open slot in the CPU backplane.

If there is use a C200H-LK201-V1 host link unit, RS232 port and a null modem cable.

Please NOTE: not all USB to RS232 adapters are the same. Omron CS1W-CIF31 is basically bullet proof, but not inexpensive. Most have had pretty good luck with Keyspan USA-19HS.

Hope this helps.

I do have an open slot on backplane. I've found the C200H-LK201-V1 used on eBay for around $90. Also found the IP007 for around $150. I've got the Allen-Bradley 9300-USB adapter cable and it's worked well on everything so far so hopefully it will work on this as well.

Does this processor allow online edits or will I have to make changes offline and download?

Online OK. It does not store symbols though - has been discontinued for many years.