Modicon 984 UCTR

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I found the below logic in an old program.
If I am reading the System Manual correctly, it appears that the UCTR will never count up to 10, since the same condition that causes it to count, will cause it to reset after the count.
Am I reading this right?

UCTR_40898.JPG

I found the below logic in an old program.
If I am reading the System Manual correctly, it appears that the UCTR will never count up to 10, since the same condition that causes it to count, will cause it to reset after the count.
Am I reading this right?

OK, it looks like I have broken one of my own rules ("if you want better answers, ask better questions").

So, here is a better question:
"For the logic shown, describe the condition(s) whereby address 00647 might become true/'1' ; or describe why address 00647 would never become true/'1'."

Thanks, in advance, to the old timer Modicon folks out there for their assistance.

ctup count only to one (address 40898) and if cntup condition goes off, 40898 is zero.
Bit 647 can be true only if cntup condition is true and you change 40989 value elsewhere on logic code to 10 or bigger.
Scan order should not make difference?
It looks like that cntup block don't make anything.