FTView ME Force LogOut on PLC trigger

drled

I have a FTView ME project and i want to be able to logout the current user based on a PLC Trigger (keyswitch).

How can i implement this? Is there some kind of function/macro which i can run?

Thanks!

In the Explorer window under the System Folder > project settings > inactivity tab > Enable Advanced Inactivity Actions check box. Use Help button on this property page to get a clear understanding of these options.

It looks at inactivity but you can choose a Tag to control the time value. In your PLC you could change that value according to your (key switch)

Thanks for the reply.

If i control the inactivity by a PLC tag, it seems to expect a value between 1- 32767. I don't want to wait a minute, i want to logout immediately...

I don't know of any function that allows that.

If your reason for logout is to lockout the operator's control of the HMI. You always have the option to create a blank screen and use Global Connections>Display Tab>( Remote Display Number) to open the blank screen with the PLC. If you maintain that screen number in the Remote Display Number Tag then no navigation will be allowed while the PLC controls the screen display. You could use the key switch to move the value into the Remote Display Tag and keep the blank screen open to lock out operator navigation. Each Screen will require a unique Number for this to work. You'll find it on each display under Display settings. They all default to 1 when created.

The keyswitch is used to decide the mode for my objects ("manual", "remote" or service).

As a secondary check, i check the current user level to verify if the user has the permission to use the object in ie. manual mode.

If the keyswitch position is changed i want to(force) logout the current user.

Hi DrLED

I'm not familiar with ME, I use SE on all sites.
That being said, I think I can offer a way to get the functionality you desire.

In SE it is possible to use a combination of Macros + VBA to achieve the functionality your describing.

I suggest following these steps:

1. Building two Macros: Startup and AutoLogout
Startup Macro should contain the following:
Display YOUR_HIDDEN_DISPLAY_VBA /ZA
"/ZA" is a hidden display, it always runs but is never actually displayed.
AutoLogout Macro should contain the following
EventOn "Auto_Logout"

2. Creating YOUR_HIDDEN_DISPLAY_VBA
create a display page with a numeric display. ** You will use this numeric display to trigger the auto logout Macro with the PLC.
Link the numeric display to the PLC tag you wish to trigger the auto logout with.

3. Create VBA code that runs on the hidden display.
Next, you need to open the VBA code editor for that page. *Right Click > "VBA Code..."*
Private Sub Numeric_Display1_Change()
If Numeric_Display1 = 1 Then
Login Operator
End If
End Sub

This is my suggestion, I've built out quite complex triggers from PLC's using this method. If you have any questions you can contact me here or at [email protected] and we can possible work together to get it working.

Cheers,
Spencer P.

Hi DrLED

I'm not familiar with ME, I use SE on all sites.
That being said, I think I can offer a way to get the functionality you desire.

In SE it is possible to use a combination of Macros + VBA to achieve the functionality your describing.

I suggest following these steps:

1. Building two Macros: Startup and AutoLogout
Startup Macro should contain the following:
Display YOUR_HIDDEN_DISPLAY_VBA /ZA
"/ZA" is a hidden display, it always runs but is never actually displayed.
AutoLogout Macro should contain the following
EventOn "Auto_Logout"

2. Creating YOUR_HIDDEN_DISPLAY_VBA
create a display page with a numeric display. ** You will use this numeric display to trigger the auto logout Macro with the PLC.
Link the numeric display to the PLC tag you wish to trigger the auto logout with.

3. Create VBA code that runs on the hidden display.
Next, you need to open the VBA code editor for that page. *Right Click > "VBA Code..."*
Private Sub Numeric_Display1_Change()
If Numeric_Display1 = 1 Then
Login Operator
End If
End Sub

This is my suggestion, I've built out quite complex triggers from PLC's using this method. If you have any questions you can contact me here or at [email protected] and we can possible work together to get it working.

Cheers,
Spencer P.
No VBA in ME.

The keyswitch is used to decide the mode for my objects ("manual", "remote" or service).

As a secondary check, i check the current user level to verify if the user has the permission to use the object in ie. manual mode.

If the keyswitch position is changed i want to(force) logout the current user.

Then I think your best solution is to use a splash screen and show buttons according to user level.

Something along the lines of "key switch position change" Press button to continue. If user does not have permission then button will be log out button. If user has permission then button will be a close screen button.