Off topic But call me crazy or stupid

Greg7683

I just quit my job lol 12 years of not being apricated and being treated like your nothing to them spending years learning new skills that saves them thousands of dollars without a thank you watching them treat people better then you that don't know as much as you and that don't have any exp in this kind of equipment lol I'm just upset right now lol couldn't take it no more.

Best of luck in your search for a new job. It can be extremely frustrating to work in an environment where you're not appreciated.
I hope you didn't burn any bridges in quitting. The population of people with the skillset required to be successful in factory automation isn't very large. You may find yourself working alongside some of your former co-workers in the future.

Yeah thanks I didn't other then HR maybe I gave them a piece of paper that said I quit lol
And I thanks all of you guys for all your help with me learning more about HMI and PLC programing this is the most helpful forum I have ever been on and apart of.

Sometimes I think controls engineers are really gluttons for punishment. Sometimes I wish we had a union like the IBEW. That's a great union BTW. Then we could go on strike.

Good for you. I hope you can find something better.

I'm just going to make a suggestion here, especially on a professional forum, take a bit of time and learn to use punctuation and at least make an attempt at proper grammar. Everyone makes mistakes as such, but even on a cell phone there is no excuse for not putting in the effort to make your thoughts readable. You want to send a text like that to your buddy, fine, but this is a forum of professionals and as mentioned above, the controls field is quite small.

Now that you are searching for a job, more than ever, you need to put your best foot forward, and a run-on sentence is far from the best way to do that. Good luck in your future endeavors and stick around, I'm sure you will find a new job before you know it!

I'm just going to make a suggestion here, especially on a professional forum, take a bit of time and learn to use punctuation and at least make an attempt at proper grammar. Everyone makes mistakes as such, but even on a cell phone there is no excuse for not putting in the effort to make your thoughts readable. You want to send a text like that to your buddy, fine, but this is a forum of professionals and as mentioned above, the controls field is quite small.

Now that you are searching for a job, more than ever, you need to put your best foot forward, and a run-on sentence is far from the best way to do that. Good luck in your future endeavors and stick around, I'm sure you will find a new job before you know it!

even more off topic, I hate it when my coworkers send me a message asking about something, and it is cryptic, full of half typed abbreviations and misspelled words. They then proceed waste more time being mad at me than it would have taken to just write something that would have gotten a thumbs up from their 5th grade grammar teacher.

If English isn't your first language, that's fine; if you and I speak the same language and you aren't making an effort to communicate, then you'll get the same level of effort back.

I would use better grammar and stuff like that but honestly I'm not good at it my spelling is bad I still dont know what a verb is so what you see is what u get I had add through my years in school had a red time learning and remembering this stuff I went to classes for it but didn't help. Lol even if you would look at my hand writing it looks like a well it just looks bad.

I quite understand - years ago I would of done the same.

I have mouths to feed now and don't give a flying fig what people think of me, food needs to go on the table and mortgage needs to be paid, that is the most important thing to me now. A thank you never provided any of them.

Greg, I would just give this one piece of advice: When you are typing or saying something, and you pause for a second, you either need a period or a comma. You have to denote the pause in speech. I honestly don't particularly care about spelling and such, however it is important to at LEAST use a period at the end of a statement. Read what you wrote out loud, non stop without any pause and you will see what I'm talking about.

There are some aspects of life where the details matter less than the big picture. The fact that your child ate breakfast is more important to his success in school this morning than whether he ate Cheerios or Wheaties. That fact that he's dressed for the weather is more important than whether his clothes have designer labels or they came from Goodwill.
But automation is a field where the details matter. A lot.
Most of the time you're going to be part of team working on a project. To be an effective team member you have to be able to communicate with the rest of the team. A lot of the time, that means written communications. If you want your input to be valued you have to be able to express yourself clearly and in most cases unambiguously. The HR person who evaluates resumes and cover letters knows this. Resumes full of spelling errors, and cover letters full of grammatical errors and lacking punctuation are the first to go into the discard pile.
When you struggle with dyslexia or ADD, your job is that much harder but it is not an excuse to fail to put in the effort. There are tools available to help. Spell checkers and grammar checkers aren't perfect, but they are better than allowing glaring errors in you application documents.