Zebra Printer Options

DesertDog

I have been tasked with printing machine output totals to a Zebra kiosk printer from a Siemens TIA Portal application using a 315CPY & TP1500 Touch Screen. . My initial hope was to print from the HMI to a KR203 using a Print Report form to a USB connection. This seems impossible with the KR203. I am now considering exchanging it for a KR403 giving me TCP access. It also has loadable font capability that the KR203 doesn't. I'm thinking that if it won't print through the HMI I should be able to get what I want by printing directly from the PLC. All I'm really looking for is a yes this will work before I make the exchange or a you should just return it. A push down the road if it's possible would also be appreciated, I have no experience with printing from the PLC or ZPL so it will be a learning curve.

*Attached is an example of what I need to print on a gas receipt type printer.

Totals.PNG

Well, the easiest way to print to this would be using Rs232 and pushing the ZPL over as ASCII.

Note, I've never used the KR series printers, so I would double check w/ Zebra that they'll still work like that, but it should allow you to build the ZPL code either manually or using some design software and just let the PLC put the variables in at runtime.

Last edited: