Control Logix: IO module Addition Online

Seyed Mohamed

Is it possible to add new DI,DO,AI modules ONLINE with out disturbing the running system to an exiting IO chassis (not to the primary or secondary chassis) of a redundant system?
If possible, Please explain.

ControlLogix has some limited support for adding 1756 series I/O modules and some AC drives while online in RUN mode over ControlNet and EtherNet/IP.

There used to be a White Paper on the topic, LOGIX-WP006, but I haven't found the original source material on the RA literature web server.

The topic is discussed in the 1756-UM001 user manual for ControlLogix and in the 1756-UM535 Enhanced Redundancy User Manual.

Similar Topics

I have am trying to determine if I can use a 1756-IB16I (or some dc input equivalent) to handle a 24vdc input pulse frequency of 80 pulses per...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Can you check the below configuration and tell me how to check the module status of modules in the secondary rack of a redundancy...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an application where there is a Control Logix PLC connecting to a B&R remote I/O station over Modbus TCP via a prosoft MNETC...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am still fairly new to this. I am playing around with an Indradrive HCS01 controller. I have it talking to my L71 (V33.11) just fine...
Replies
Views
After being power cycled rapidly several times by an unhappy power supply 3 out of 6 1756-IB16/A modules are now shown as Unrecognized Device...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom