Using Transmitter or switch

shkoko2000

Dear all,
I want to ask about if i have condensate surge vessel and i need to control pump with H and L levels. What is the correct choice using transmitter and take soft trips from it or using switch? Please mention your reference...

The correct choice is what you deem to be the correct choice.
For plain bang-bang on/off control, switches are inexpensive to purchase and install, and can be used together with just a relay to control a valve, or just a starter.
Level transducers are more expensive, and will require external modules to set and monitor the trip points, but after that, can again be used with just a relay of a starter.

Reference: Life.

It depends on your process and the equipment you choose (and budget)

Mechanical style level switches I find are a bit unreliable. Especially since you mention condensate. It is also generally hard to change the positions.

For condensate tanks, we generally use kubler level indicators with analog signal:
http://fluidic-ltd.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/bypass_principal.jpg
Here we combine a visual indicator with electronic.