Ignoring Users

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I take no pleasure in watching somebody lose their reason and judgement. I also don't excuse their behavior just because they have a substance abuse problem or personality disorder.

Blocking a user is an uncommon task, so it's not very intuitive.

First, select their User Name to bring up the User Profile.

Then, select the User Lists function, and select Ignore User, then confirm.

That won't hide the threads they start, but it will hide all of their posts in those threads and others.

Thanks to all the folks who contributed their knowledge about how rententive variables work in the CoDeSys platform.

Ignore_User.PNG

To my delight, it turns out I do have "delete thread" power as a Moderator.

I will delete obvious troll and spam threads that I can say clearly do not contribute to the PLCTalk Forum community, but user-blocking is up to individuals.

To my delight, it turns out I do have "delete thread" power as a Moderator.

I will delete obvious troll and spam threads that I can say clearly do not contribute to the PLCTalk Forum community, but user-blocking is up to individuals.

I'm surprised you did not know this, but not sure about the forum software. I'm good friends with other forum owners and moderators that can easily make things go away from disruptive members.

It doesn't serve the goals of the community/forum/business with a disruptive member.

Yeah, I may have had some oats posting about the hot rod, which may be normal for someone geeked. Mark and I shoot it sometimes in PM's. I failed to tell him I was the 2nd, totally stock 392 on the mountain in the 12's. That took some planning for a week. A gal pulled a high 12 earlier this year. How did she do that? I didn't figure out what she did, but she only made one pass in the 12's. I made first, then backed up with second on next pass. After that, just hung out with the Corvettes and other people at the track. It sure was a lot of memorable fun, and would do it again any day.

You see, one could miss the experience of friendship and really good fun, if someone put booze in front of them as the precursor after waking up. I do know a couple people that passed away thinking like this.

Best wishes to all!

I have currently 17 on my ignore list. How about you ?
:)

One thing that irrtates me is that the ignored users posts do not disappear completely. They are still there in the forum post lists, only the content is hidden. I would like that the ignored users posts completely disappear from my view.

I have currently 17 on my ignore list. How about you ?
:)

17? holy ****, I added my first yesterday, so this brings up the question.... JesperMP are you reading (seeing) this :D

I know I can be over the top sometimes but I swear it just because I care and im passionate (argumentative) about things

GiT, you are safe (for now !).
It is not being argumentative that irritates me. On the contrary, I like the exchange of ideas and opinions.

Sloppiness irritates me. And insulting behaviour.
Notice, I have a tag-line.
It pretty much sums up what it takes to land on my ignore list.

Saved me more than a few times, don't know what a lifetime membership is now but mine has paid for itself x100

I take no pleasure in watching somebody lose their reason and judgement. I also don't excuse their behavior just because they have a substance abuse problem or personality disorder.

Blocking a user is an uncommon task, so it's not very intuitive.

First, select their User Name to bring up the User Profile.

Then, select the User Lists function, and select Ignore User, then confirm.

That won't hide the threads they start, but it will hide all of their posts in those threads and others.

Thanks to all the folks who contributed their knowledge about how rententive variables work in the CoDeSys platform.

Thanks for the instructions.
Thanks all for valuable contributions.
I usually come here to educate myself without commenting on any threads.

I will try to ignore people in the near future.