Panelview "Current Screen" tag/expression

kekrahulik

I'm trying to make a global object navigation bar that will be placed on the bottom of every screen - containing "goto display" buttons to navigate to other screens. So If I have 10 screens, there will be 10 goto display buttons.

When I am on a screen, I would like the button for that screen to be invisible. So the operators won't be pressing the goto screen button for the current screen (used to give an alarm - I think newest versions may finally have that fixed?). Operators will also be able to tell what screen they're on because that screen button is missing (I can hide some text behind the button that appears when the button disappears).

Any clue how I do that?

I can use the Animation > Visibility... but what expression can I use to say that if the button link is for the current screen, then hide the button?

I haven't used macros in panelviews - is that somehow an option?

Give each display a unique number. Do this on each display using Display Setting> Display Number:

Go to Global Connections > Display Tab > Replace Display Number.
Make an analog tag, (memory or device) This tag's value will be equal to unique display number when each replace display is open.

Then visibility expression: If Replace Display tag <> Unique Display Number then 1 else 0

Keep it simple - Create a Global Screen with all 10 buttons and paste to the 10 screens - delete the appropriate button for that screen. Done!

If you’re using raised border buttons, consider leaving the button and making the border for the current display inset. If buttons are a global object, in each window, break link from global for that button only and change border style.

I think at least once, I used a recessed panel made to look like a button so the application wouldn’t complain that I’m trying to navigate to the same screen. That doesn’t seem to be needed with the current ViewME and CCW applications I just checked.

When I am on a screen, I would like the button for that screen to be invisible. So the operators won't be pressing the goto screen button for the current screen (used to give an alarm - I think newest versions may finally have that fixed?).

They do not have that fixed. Perfect example of this is I setup my Panelviews to move to the MAIN screen when anyone logs out of the system. If you log out while ON the main screen, it will pop a diagnostic error in the banner on the top of the screen.