Measuring level in a big 15 gallon pot

gusterminator

Hi guys. I am looking for some advice on what to use to measure the level in a big pot. What kind of Level transmitter would be the cheapest and best for a home application and what range should it have for around 15 gallons. I would also like to monitor flow. Any ideas on a cheap flow transmitter?

Thanks

Gus

The range all depends on the diameter of your pot as this will dictate the height of the liquid.

Can the sensor be partially submerged in the liquid or does it have to be non contact?

The pot is a keg and it is for home brewing. it is 16" wide by 23" high.

Thanks for the advice, I will do a search on home brewing and see what I can find.

based on those measurments....would I need a transmitter with a range say from 0" to 50" H2O?

the cheapest ones work with a potmeter and a float
have a look in arduino, it is a simple processor, and all types of sensors are cheap.