Motor Burnout issue

strikom

Dear all,
I am facing a two-fold problem.
I am trying to run a motor connected to a drive (Hyundai hi-run 300 Vector Inverter). The problem is, that the motor burns out often and I was hoping if someone could please point me in the right direction as far as the solution is concerned.
Secondly, elsewhere, I have a motor, but its parameter plate is missing and hence I have no way of finding out its power, voltage, and current values stipulated by the makers. If I wish to run it on an inverter for a purpose, without damaging it, what do I need to ensure.

Kind regards,

More info...
Are these inverter rated motors burning out?
What is their insulation class?
What horsepower?
What kind of load are they experiencing?
Do they have a separate blower?
What is the mode of the burn out? Winding failure? Bearings?

More info...
Are these inverter rated motors burning out?
What is their insulation class?
What horsepower?
What kind of load are they experiencing?
Do they have a separate blower?
What is the mode of the burn out? Winding failure? Bearings?

I would add to the 20 queston list
1. Rated motor vs VFD voltages
2. Percentage of RPM range motor is operated at (if very low (say 10% or less) speed, motor internal fan will not be able to move enough air to cool windings.) IF at very low speed you will need separate blower to cool motor.
3. Are you using VFD to hold motor at zero RPM against an overhauling load?

Dan Bentler