Convert from ControlLogix to SLC500 possible ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

I have a working program from a compactlogix platform that I have to convert to an existing SLC500.

I am rewriting it manually at the moment.
I find that I cant even copy-and-paste between RSLogix5000 and RSLogix500. Even though they use similar instructions, I get only "unknow instruction" in RSLogix500.

I know that the chances are slim, but it never hurts to ask:
Is there a conversion utility to convert code from RSLogix5000 to RSLogix500 ?

It appears that I can highlight a complete rung in RSLogix5000, and then paste it to RSLogix500.
I have to highlight the rung by the rung counter in the left side in the window.
At least that is a step in the right way.

The whole tag structure is completely different from the LG5K platform to the legacy products. I personally would not think that this is possible, not understand why one would want to accomplish this task in the first place.

kcarlen said:
.. not understand why one would want to accomplish this task in the first place.

Because we have new wellworking control with a CompactLogix that we want to implement in an existing SLC500.

I can imagine that a conversion tool can do 90% of the job. Even with the different memory structure, the user could be prompted for how he would like to have it converted.

But I can imagine that there is no economical incentive for rockwell to create such a tool.