Cannot edit online with RXlogix5.

Rookies007

Silly questions.. Why can't I make edits online sometimes on some files and others I can make edits. I'm my going online with the wrong files, ects, ects.
and sometimes when I go online, it's not showing the descriptions and symbols associated that instruction/conditions. Pretty new to this and any advise will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE...

ROOKIES

Hi, Rookies welcome to the forum. Remember that rs5 stores all the descriptors in the PC, I worked with PLC5 and rs5 for quite a few years. If someone makes a change and you don't get the latest and greatest, you will not have any "annotation" as we called it. Can be pretty bad on a complex program. I've never had any problem doing rung edits while online. Hope this helped.

You cannot do an online edit if the processor switch is in the RUN position(as opposed to the REM or PRG positions)

There can be other reasons it won't let you, but that's the most common I've seen.

Edit: If you put the key into PRG you will stop the execution of the logic. Don't do this unless you mean to :)