RSLogix 500 Instruction Toolbar Speedup?

wildcatherder

o_O It takes ten clicks to get from one end of the Tabbed Instruction Toolbar to the other in RSLogix 500. The program will not accept clicks for this purpose more than once a second. It takes ten seconds.

Is there any way to speed this up or a faster way to do it?

I use the mnemonics from the keyboard to enter instructions, rarely using the toolbars, but you can customize two of them.

Go to View, Toolbars..., then you could turn on the Instruction Palette, which has all the instructions on it and is turned off be default, plus you can customize what instructions appear on it and the "user" toolbar.

Or you can drop any instruction in the ladder then right click -> change instruction type and type in the one you want

I find myself using the keyboard a lot like that. I don't mess with the right click menu though.

Example: I will copy an XIC instruction by highlighting it and then hitting CTRL+C, V, then I will select the instruction I want to change (right arrow, down arrow) and just type in the mnemonic for the new instruction type I want it to be. I use drag and drop alot more for addresses and for moving rungs and branches around.

Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. (y)
I was hoping there would be an answer that did not require customizing my setup, since I use several different computers, some of which belong to clients.

I guess someone decided one-click-per-second was the best way to "debounce" the mouse click on the Tabbed Instruction Toolbar. Seems like overkill to me.

I use the mnemonics from the keyboard to enter instructions, rarely using the toolbars,

I have found mnemonics to be the fastest way to program. You can open the mnemonic editor by double clicking on any rung number. You can also double click at the left hand junction of any branch and open a mnemonic editor for just that branch. Most of the time I enter the instructions without addresses and then go back and add in the addresses after the graphical rung displays. eg, I'll type "XIC XIO BST OTE NXB TON" and hit return. RSLogic500 will auto insert the place holders for the addresses and timer as well as inserting the BND to close the branch. Ten I go back and enter the addresses on the ladder.

You can also do multiple rungs in a single instance of the mnemonic editor. Eg, Type "XIC OTE EOR XIC OTE" and press return. You will get two rungs with RSLogix auto adding in the address place holders and the SOR.

Once you get used to it you'll rarely go to the toolbar and it won't matter how the computer you are using is set up.

Hmm, I am using v8.2 and if I click and hold on the scroll button it scrolls across for me without needing a second click. I see the delay you refer to but it never really bothered me. My suggestions would mirror some of the other:

• Use the ASCII mnemonics and type the instruction code
  • Customize the User tab and add frequently used instructions but of course you would have to do that on each computer you need to use
  • Use the Instruction Palette toolbar that has all instructions on one toolbar
OG