Windows 7 Compatible versions of Modicon PLC Software

sanger

We are currently going through a migration to Windows 7 and need to find versions of the following Modicon programs that will work either directly in Windows 7 or in the XP Compatability mode.

I know that the Modsoft program will not run properly on anything faster than a Pentium I (fast processors seem to throw it's communications timing off) even under pure DOS so I am hoping that there is a replacement program for it.

Software PLC
------------- ----------------
Concept SR4 Modicon Quantum
ProWORKS32 Modicon Compact
Modsoft (dos) Modicon 984

I have inquries into Schneider but have not heard back from them yet.

You may not hear back from them for a while. Most of their software is not even Vista compliant and when I spoke to them about one lot that is Vista compliant they told me that they had not tried it here and neither had anyone else.
It ran on Windows 7 32 bit OK by the way but I did not have to test communications as someone else was commissioning the software.

The work from Schnieder is that they are actively working on a patch for Concept 2.6 that will make it Windows 7 32-bit compatible. No release date avaialble though.

As for ProWORKS32 and Modsoft there is a company called Fast Soft that has a Modicon Suite that works with Windows 7.

I run Prowork32 on an XP VM in Windows 7 and 10. The coms is fine, for serial I use a usb serial adapter and TCP also works fine
I did look at Fastsoft but as I remember it was ridiculously expensive

Last edited: