Hi guys,

I have installed RSLogix5 V6.1 on my Windows XP Home Edition pc
with NTFS partition.
I have the software activated with my masterdisk and it´s works
excellent.
The problem is that when I want the key back to the masterdisk
i received a message with: ´you cannot move to a non-master
removable disk under windows NT´.
I have use evmove.exe and evmovew.exe but this didn´t work.
Does anybody have ideas for my problem?
Where are the hidden files evrsi.sys & 386swap.par?
I can this not find on my harddisk, because of windows XP?

Greetings,

mulderm

Perhaps the Rockwell Knowledge base can shed some light on your problem. Here are the relevent entries for activation disk problems.

Move it to a USB pen drive if you want to in XP.

1. Right click on evmovew and select properties.

2. Click the compatability tab

3. Choose compatability for Windows 95.

4. Run evmovew and move the activation to any drive you want.

From your descriptions I think this may not be the cause, any way you can try.

Move it to a master disk, after shutdown (Not close, after closing it may run as a service) your RSLinx.

Evmovecf

Muldrew,

I should also point out (strongly!) that you must be very careful messing around with activation files.

Do not attempt to copy/paste activation files!
Use EVMOVE or EVMOVECF only!

You can easily corrupt the files, and only an active customer support from AB may be your only option to get you back to working order!

EVMOVECF.exe is great for moving your activation files from one PC to another, for running RSLogix on one PC at a time, (if you only have one activation licence). EVMOVECF cannot (and should not) be thought of as a tool to circumvent licence agreement.

If you software is working fine now. You may regret messing with it.

Regards,
Corbis

riyajahamad,

If RSlinx is running, or if it is merely "active", then that can keep the EVMove program from being able to move the activation key.

Dear All,

Thanks Corbis, EVMoveCF.exe work fine for XP. My half problem solved,

BUT not successed to take activation through network on my laptop.
My laptop don't have follopy drive. I checked by logging in as ADMINISTATOR, and no other Allenbradly like RSLinks software running. Any other setting need to be Change?

Thanks in advance.

Riyaz

Yes, I agree. I find a small flash drive ("memory stick" or USB memory drive) works well with the EVMoveCF program to move Allen-Bradley activation codes from one computer to another, only requiring that each has a USB port. THe USB flash drive must show up in your directory as a true Drive letter (D, E, F, and so on). Some of the older flash memory sticks do not have a drive letter, and EVMoveCF would not work with those types.

EVMove is a transfer program, not a copy program. You still only get to use the protected program on one computer at a time.

Last edited:
Rslogix Activation Move Using USB Pen Drive.

Dear All,

Thanks to Lancie1 & rPraveenkum. On desktop PC it's work fine, but on my Laptop it's give "Activation file Corrupt-Invalid file Attributes" error, it reads but not move. Any setting change required in Laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Riyaz