Help with S5 output card

bitmonkey

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
I have tried searching the web and have so far been unsuccessful finding any documentation on this particular output card. Specifically what I'm looking for is information about the red light at the top of the card. It appears to be a Fault light indicating that 24vdc is not available to the card? Just my guess, but the light goes on and off when the machine is running as if it's being controlled by the plc???
Thanks guys!

S5 Output Card.jpg

Any chance you can type in the part number on the card?
Manufacturer?

(I can't read the numbers on the front of the card.)

Also, did you try metering the 24 V supply while the machine is running?
(I had a machine once, the 24 Vdc would drop out while the machine was running,
then come back on again . . . New supply fixed it.)

Poet.

Also yes I did meter the 24v and it was low, around 19-20 v. I adjusted it up to around 21-22 volts, which did seem to improve overall reliability, but the light still goes on and off while running. When the light is on, the machine won't run.

So I finally got to the bottom of this issue. It turns out that one of my outputs was being intermittently backfed 24vdc from a bad switch that was paralleled with the output, causing all kinds of problems. There was nothing wrong with the output card.