Log file in PLC

Hi everybody, I will like to write a ladder that could save some values in a log file that could be easy to read in the event of trableshooting. Example: a sensor is working normal and suddenly fail, I want to save the value of the sensor failure in a log file that could tell me ,that this sensor needs to be replaced or adjusted.
My question is how to write a ladder to save the failure value of the sensor in a log file. Also how to write the log file using RSLogic500.
Thanks.

Well a little more info is needed. is the input analog or discrete?
What it senses is constant in time or a variable? The log file is easy but lets take care of the other items first.

Drewcrew6

Thanks for your answer.
The input is discret and the sensor is sensing a countinuous movement.
I am new PLC lerner and I will like any example how to do this Log file and rung.
Thanks again.

PLC memory is limited, and predetermined. In creating a log file, you need to decide, up front, how many log records you will be storing, and the amount and type of the data each "record" will contain.

I want to save the value of the sensor failure in a log file

The input is discret

Then the "value" is either One or Zero.

How are you determining that the sensor has "failed"?