Proworx Download Error

Stevie_S

I'm trying to write to a Modicon Quantum 113/2 using Proworx NXT V2.1. I keep getting Message 389 - Command not valid unless logged in.

The PLC is in Dim Awareness and the program must be ok as it was previously running on this same processor. The download appears to complete the traffic cop section and then comes up with this error. I can log in as Supervisor on the security menu and the 'write to processor' option is enabled. Comms also appear to be ok as it picks up the fact that the PLC is in dim awareness.

This is the first time I've had to use Proworx and Modicon stuff so please be gentle!

Thanks

Steve

is supervisor the basic level of logging on?
if not and you can log in as a normal person e.g. i would log in as SeanCaldwell. if there is more basic levels try logging in like that and try again.

this is just an idea and since i am a "beginner" im not 100% sure but i have seen this sort of thing happen in different applications before (non-plc based).

Self explanatory error messages...

Cheers for that Sean.

I've managed to sort it just now anyway. Nothing to do with software/access levels. Wrong cable used.

Very helpful error message, eh? banghead

Got it in uno.

It's up there with 'Keyboard not connected - press any key to continue'. Or is that one an urban myth type thing?

or the other classics.
no mouse connected - click ok to continue
when you look at your settings change something then decide it was a bad idea and change it back quickly without doing anything else then windows says:-
windows will now restart with your new settings

i just remembered the funniest windows thing iv seen though
Windaes fur Geordies
available for only 2 weeks dole money
look for it on the internet the pictures are hilarious