Wonderware Modbus TCP/IP troubleshooting

PLBoudette

I am doing a modification on a wonderware application using modbus TCP/IP. I previously worked on a wonderware application with modbus TCP/IP awhile ago. The old application was using version 8.0.1 0511.0166.0000.0000. In that version, I created an access name and used the application name “MBENET” and a topic name. Then I went into the “MBENET.EXE” program, created a new topic and set everything up as needed. The new application I’m working with uses version 9.5.100 1101.0600.0150.0030. I went to try and setup the modbus but it seemed to be a different type of setup that was needed and didn’t see the MBENET.EXE program. Does the newer version have a different setup than the one I previously used? Or is the modbus TCP/IP driver a separate driver that I need to install? Any help on setting up the modbus TCP/IP for wonderware is appreciated. Thanks.

[FONT=&quot]Pete[/FONT]

I think you are calling off Intouch version numbers instead of the IO sever's. The older version of IO server for the Modbus Ethernet driver only go up to 8.1.0 and the new Device Integration MBTCP DAServer server is currently at version 1.5. If you are installing the latter, the configurations for the driver is integrated into the SMC (System Management Console).