Micro 1400 100 khz Pulse Channel - How many pulses/min?

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have a flowmeter capable of producing up to 250,000 pulses per minute, and am wondering if I can use this meter with my PLC.

Is a 100 khz pulse channel 100,000 pulses per second, 6,000,000 pulses per minute? If yes, then I assume my flowmeter is correct.

All I can ascertain from the controller Reference Manual, is that I have 100 khz per channel 6 total pulse inputs.

Any help is appreciated,

Tim

Last edited:
100KHZ = 100,000 pulses per second X 60 = 6,000,000 pulses per minute.

however, you must consider the following:
is the flowmeter compatible with the input, output type of the flow meter, distance from the meter to the plc, range you are measuring. i had an application with a flowmeter that worked great until the flow rate got below 20 gpm.

regards,
james

Thank You James.

I "think" the meter will function :)

I will pay very close attention to the distance from the meters to the PLC. My guess is it will be about 40 feet of wire per channel. I will use shielded cable.

I'm glad 100 khz is what I thought it was! Thanks for clarification.

Regards,

Tim D