Rslinx not opening

Kingiie1973

We are running logix 5000 version 15.02.00 and are able to access all programs on site via rswho without issue.
When we try to open rslinx classic the program freezes up every time.
I have tried deleting the program and reloading without any change.I am not able to access linx to get the version we are on!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Have you tried another PC?

The first thing that it does is load the drivers... this is why I have them manual starting, I have had an issue with it like that once after I loaded the wrong driver, BUT reloading Linx too care of it

I have uninstalled 2.51 then reinstalled 2.52 and still get the same thing.
It opens to the start page but has the hour glass and will not do anything. If i open 5000 i can "who active" and see all processors on the network and go online as normal.

I am not able to use another pc as this is the only one we have acess to. Thanks again

I have uninstalled 2.51 then reinstalled 2.52 and still get the same thing.
It opens to the start page but has the hour glass and will not do anything. If i open 5000 i can "who active" and see all processors on the network and go online as normal.

Then RSLinx is probably running as a service. You would get online without it.

Hit "start" -> "programs" -> "Rockwell software" -> "RSLinx" -"RSLinx Classic Launch control Panel".
From the pop up window select "Stop"
Uncheck the "AlwaysRun As A Service" tick.
You're good to go!

Nah nobody in Oz drinks that stuff its mostly exported! and its not real good. Thanks to everybody for your help.

Have a good weekend

great answer micky. It helped. and its working . i had the same problem . on opening rslinx, the systems doesnt show that its running and neither allows to provide new paths. after starting and stopping the rslinx, it works now. bravo bro!

can't open rswho in rslinx

after restarting services of harmony in administrative tools of control panel, showing me this kind of error in opening rslinx classic. regarding space but there is too much space in local drive C.

error.jpg