Messaging ML1400 to ML1400

sobrio35

Hi all,

Still pretty new to PLC's in general and brand spanking new to messaging. Trying to read from one ML1400 to another over ethernet. For now I would be happy just to read in one integer and build from there. I'm getting the error "Target node does not respond - DF1 DLE ACK/NAK timeout and DLE ENQ transmitted (ENQ retries exhausted)".

Should the target node be the same as the processor node under "controller communications"?

Very grateful for any help!

It sounds like you've specified one of the DF1 serial ports, not the Ethernet port.

For the Ethernet port, there will be a target IP address.

Yup! I switched to channel 1, the option for node disappeared, the MultiHop tab appeared and I was able to set the IP. First time messaging - hopefully smoother in the future, though I hear its a bit different for each device.
Thanks Ken!!