Communicating AB with Johnson Controls

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
A co-worker has Johnson controls unit and is trying to find a way to remote notification if an alarm occurs. He is running a lot of AB products on an ethernet hub (also tied into DH+). But, so far, hasn't found a way of connecting the j.c. unit to rs linx.
Any idea's?

thanks,
Russ

May help if you mention what unit so we can know if its even got a serial port etc that may allow it to be connected to net. Otherwise you would need something like another plc to send that alarm bit too then use that plc to communicate to master.

OPC server

RSLinx is an opc server for Rockwell equipment. If by that reference you are asking how to communicate from a HMI to the Johnson Controls unit then try a search using "johnson controls" and "opc server".

From the literature that I've seen it looks like it is a DX-9100. Though I've also seen references for XP(?) or XT-9100 as well.

Thanks,
Russ