micro820 fault - HELP!!

cdnrookie

We were trying to connect our proface and micro820,

I was just downloading the new program into the 820 when there was an error with the download and the program froze.

Waiting patiently for over half an hour, I finally had enough and quit the program, rebooted everything and noticed the controller was flashing red

micro820
flashing red fault indicator, NO OTHER INDICATORS ON!

I cant find this scenario in the manual

create a new simple one rung ladder, build and download. CCW will ask if you want to clear the fault, say yes, continue the download.

Now go back and double check your original program and make sure it builds OK.

Just want to make sure we're on the same page. You are using an Allen Bradley Micro 820 PLC - is this correct? If that is so, then you have to use "Connected Component Workbench" as the programming software. If that is not the case that's probably the reason the PLC is Faulted!!!!

CCW is free from Rockwell Automation.

There is no way to clear a fault with out CCW is there?

I have a customer with a faulted 820, and no remote access. I would prefer not to have to go out there.

Depends on the fault and how the Fault Override was setup under controller properties. If Fault Override was set to Clear Fault, it should at least try to clear the fault on startup.

There is no way to clear a fault with out CCW is there?

I have a customer with a faulted 820, and no remote access. I would prefer not to have to go out there.

You can actually do things via the SD card, like clear the fault.

Create a text file called ConfigMeFirst.txt
Try putting the following in it:

[CF]
[END]

Save it on a SD card power up the Micro820 with it inserted.

You can also set the IP address, save the project to SD, restore project from SD.