Twincat2 project compare

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have somewhat inherited a large project/projects that have different versions. I was recently asked by a customer what the differences are since they have many different labeled versions at their site. I have looked a little bit in the projects, hopeing that I would see a POU labeled "Version history" to no avail. Is there anyway in Twincat2 to compare different projects and see the differences?

it is simple called project compare, you can use codesys and twincat for this comparison.
Mostly only the date is different, as will be noted by twincat.
and NO there is no automatic way to do this.
If programs are in ST, you may be able to use Notepad plus plus (NPP)(there is a language codesys available (if not contact me and i will send it to you)