A-B PV600, DH+, Can Upload, not Download

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know why I can't download a PanelBuilder32 application to a PanelView600 from which I have just uploaded it?

I am using....
PanelBuilder 32 version 3.82.01
RSLinx Classic gateway version 2.52.00.17 (CPR9)
The PV600 is FRN 4.00

My connection is...
Laptop to ControlLogix ENBT, then out through a DHRIO module on channel A, channel light is solid green, and the PV600 reports Comms OK.

Download File Transfer Type is set to "RSLinx Network", and the download progress goes....

Identifying operator terminal - OK
Verifying application for download - OK
Preparing for File Transfer - OK
Checking Operator terminal for compatibility - it hangs here, eventually timing out with Error (1030) - No commands received from the operator terminal.

File size is obviously OK, as i have just uploaded it.

Any ideas please ?

Last edited:
the latest version of panelbuilder 32 software is 3.83.01. that might be one problem.

Since you have just uploaded it, i think your comms is ok.
what you have to do is in the file transfer routine.
go through the transfer sequence as you always do, BUT,
use the comms tree at the bottom half of the panelbuilder32 software and pick the terminal you want to download to.
then verify the rslinx network.

i have to do this a lot.

regards,
james

Yes, all settings seem correct, and i can "point and shoot" at the terminal in the RSLinx browser window, so i definately know i'm looking at the PV600.

Reading more on the web, it seems likely i need to upgrade the panelview FRN from 4.00 to 4.10

Trying to find out how to do this without the odd-ball serial lead, and trying to find out where to get vers. 4.10 from, as it has been removed from the A-B downloads site.

PanelBuilder's ability to bridge and pass through controllers has a long and tangled history. If there was going to be a network path that would work asymmetrically, I'd assume it involved DH+ or RIO.

I didn't find anything modern in the knowledgebase about this, so I'd say your best bets are to use a 1784-PCMK right on the DH+ network, use a Type II PCMCIA ATA memory card, or use the RS232 port on the terminal itself to download this program.

My favorite PanelView repair lately was on a carnival ride that abruptly hoists riders straight up 200 feet. The console had a Plexiglass roof over the PV terminal and the operator's control station. "Oh, is that to keep sandals and sunglasses and spare change from falling on you ?", I asked the operator.

"I wish".

That's thrown big spanners in the works Ken..

I am scheduled to deliver a custom course next week, ControlLogix / PView600 on DH+

We had thought to let the PV600 think it was still talking to a SLC, and use mapping in the CLX, but the existing application isn't talking properly to the B3, N7, and N10 arrays through the file number mapping.

Did i see somewhere these arrays should be DINT ????

I think the desktop PCs (which have DH+ cards), are in use on another course, so I'm being offered laptops, and of course there are no PCMCIA cards available...

My options are running out........

Let's address these issues separately, then.

I have version 3.82 of PanelBuilder32, which includes all the firmware files and the download utility. The current firmware for the PV600 Standard is version 4.44 for that release, so we should try to get the terminals upgraded to that version. Use the straight-through serial lead, or a CF card in a type II carrier, if you can get one. If you need firmware files, e-mail me directly.

If you treat the Logix as a SLC/PLC, the PanelView needs to treat the 1756-DHRIO as the target DH+ node. The 1756-DHRIO has to be set up using the RSLinx configuration utility to have the "default slot" set for the ControlLogix slot number. It will always forward local DH+ commands to that slot. If these DHRIO modules are from demos, there's no telling how they might be configured; go delete all the routing tables too.

While there have been improvements and changes to the way Logix and PanelView Standard work together over the past decade, the PLC/SLC Mapping (with INT tags) will work no matter what version of PV Standard firmware or PanelBuilder you have, so it's my fallback position when I only need to do Integer, Boolean, and Float data.