AB 400C-CR30 safety controller

adisharr

Well it looks like this thing is pretty limited. I think they are artificially handicapping the logic so they don't erode their other controller sales.

I have an application where the customer wants to press a button to raise a table and keep it latched until it hits a safety limit switch. There's a light curtain protecting access. So far, I see no way to latch anything. They also only give you two 'logic' levels between safety devices and safety outputs. Even inverting an output takes up a logic level.

I'm sure glad I spent the time downloading CCW at 3.5GB :mad:

If anyone has used this and has a way to latch anything, I'm open to suggestions. The other alternative is to possibly use the Leuze controller I initally wanted to use.

It sounds like you are trying to use the device as a safety PLC and not a safety relay which is what that unit is.

The 440C-CR30 unit is a safety relay and thus does not have standard logic latching instructions.

It sounds like you are trying to use the device as a safety PLC and not a safety relay which is what that unit is.

The 440C-CR30 unit is a safety relay and thus does not have standard logic latching instructions.

I actually just need a few basic functions but the way they limit the structure it forces me to do some thing hard-wired. I've used the Leuze and Wieland controllers which are supposedly in the class and they completely blow this this away.

I learned my lesson đź“š