Analog input offset 1761-IF2OF2

I found that I had to connect signal common to earth ground through a 10K ohm resistor or I got "motorboating" with no gas flow. Offset still around 0.1 volts which is OK.

Grounding problem solved

My boss suggested I tie the analog signal common to the bipolar power supply common, which solved the problem. I had forgotten that in bipolar power supplies the ground can "float" one polarity or the other with respect to signal ground unless they are joined. The clue was that the offset I was seeing varied from near zero when the analog value was zero to more than .25V when the analog was at 5V full scale.

Similar Topics

Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card Offset & Gain Adjustment Entering Adjustment Mode 1. Set the input card in adjustment mode (Turn ON Dip SW No-1)...
Replies
Views
On a Micrologix 1100 analog input, I appear to be getting an internal offset of about 11 counts out of 1023. Running the program from RSLogix...
Replies
Views
Good day all. I have a compact logix control that is receiving an analog input from a T/C. The program is written in FBD which I am not real...
Replies
Views
I'm having trouble calming down 2 Tempo Sonics. I'm using Studio 5000 CompactLogix my Raw value is jumping around from 8575.0 to 8755.0 at a...
Replies
Views
I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom