Back up GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC program

paramesium

Hi all,

I am new to GE and I have some basic questions would like to check with GE PLC programmer.

For GE PLC, when I am uploading a program (for backup purpose), does the current parameter value will be uploaded automatically?

When I am downloading the GE Plc program, there is a prompt to check with me whether I want to download initial/force value. What does "Initial value"means?

Best regards,
Loo

Hi all,
I am new to GE and I have some basic questions would like to check with GE PLC programmer.

For GE PLC, when I am uploading a program (for backup purpose), does the current parameter value will be uploaded automatically?
Maybe if you refer to Variable "parameter values" it is an option which needs to be checked in the Download Dialog Box. When checked the answer is 'Yes'.
Hi all,
When I am downloading the GE Plc program, there is a prompt to check with me whether I want to download initial/force value. What does "Initial value"means?

Best regards,
Loo
That is a variable parameter which will set your Variables (Addresses) to values supplied by the programmer when you 'download'.

Hi RussB,

Am I right to say that when I checked in the Download Dialog Box for uploading the data, the data will become my initial value?

or initial value and uploaded value is totally different idea?

My main concern was, after I have uploaded the value and program from PLC, and edited it offline, do I need to tick "download initial value" in order to keep the previous parameter?

I am sorry that I still doesn't get how this PLC works, thank you very much for your advice!

Best regards,
Loo

Uploading Initial / Forced Values

Upload of Initial Values and Initial Force States can be selected per memory type as an option during upload of a target from the PLC.

Uploading Initial / Forced Values updates the Initial Value and Initial Force State fields of PME project variables with Current Values and Current Force State from PLC variables.
Current Value becomes Initial Value
Current Force State becomes Initial Force State

yes, it is very helpful, that is exactly what I wanted to know, thanks a lot!