Modicon PC0085 PLC handheld programmer

booten

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just had to order a PP-0105-100 handheld programmer to interrogate a Modicon PC0085 plc but it does not come with any documentation.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual (Hard copy or electronic version)?

I've searched Square D's website but could not find anything.

Bill

Manual

The Manual you need is called:

Gould PC 0085 Programmable Controller System User's Manual.

The number of the manual is GM-WCPC-003 REV A
I'm not very familiar with this PLC but I have a copy of the manual and maybe I could scan some of the pages and attach them or answer a question or two. Please post your question and I'll try to help.

Sid

Just my luck.

I just received the programmer but it did not contain the cable (should have bought the new one from Schneider).

When I called the seller about the cable I was informed that he did not have a cable or a pinout for it.

So now I am in need of a manual and a pinout for the cable.

I am only going to interrogate the PLC and write down the program to upgrade it so I just need to know how to scroll through the program.

and maybe an explanation of any special logic functions.

I am familiar with AB, AD, Siemens.

Sid and Johnny,
I would be interested in one of those manuals or a scanned copy of the instructions as this is the only and hopefully last old modicon I have ran into.

Thanks,
Bill

Search instructions PC0085 Gould

From the manual page 4-14.

Reading the program

There are two ways to read the program contents. One is to read the program after specifying a starting address. The other is to use the search instruction and data memory.

Checking by specifying a starting address:

a. Push the CLEAR key.
b. Press the ADRS key.
c. Enter the memory address to be read.
d. Push the MNTR key. The program contents of the specified address are displayed.
e. To continue reading, press the NEXT ADRS key to increment or press the PREV ADRS to decrement the address.

To search:
1. Press CLEAR.
2. Enter the searching starting address.
3. Enter the instruction to be searched (for example OUT )
4. Press SRCH
5. Press the MNTR key to search to ending address in an incrementing direction. Press the PREV/ADRS MNTR keys to begin searching toward address 0000 (decrementing direction).