You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 30th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #1
les@trouble-les.com
United States

Gidding's & Lewis PLC

Does any one know where I could get my hands on GLLADD, or an equivalent programming software for a "Gidding's & Lewis" PIC409. We have and older packaging machine with this unit in it but we need to make some program changes.

Leslie Jackson
les@trouble-les.com
Old March 30th, 2004, 10:14 PM   #2
netvisor
Australia

You Poor person

I have all the software for programming these horrible, horrible plcs you better bring plenty of panadol with you. Pm me.
Old April 8th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #3
Unregistered

Pic409 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvisor
I have all the software for programming these horrible, horrible plcs you better bring plenty of panadol with you. Pm me.
If I have some questions concerning the Pic409 programming software and its use would you mind helping me out? It looks like this piece of equipment was kind of difficult to work with compared to newer systems. I have several of these controls on machines. I would like to be able to download the ladder that is actually on these machines to see how it compares with some hard copies that may or may not be exactly the same. I have the 409 users manual that describes the Pic control panel that plugs into the front edge of the Pic Support Module and Programmers Consol Module. Am I correct in understanding that the software must run on the Support Module? Thank you for any help. Al (Al.fisher@therm.com)
Old April 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #4
Another_Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I would like to be able to download the ladder that is actually on these machines to see how it compares with some hard copies that may or may not be exactly the same
IIRC, the PLC ladder code is actually compiled into Motorola 6809(?) machine code so you cannot get the ladder from it. You must have the original source ladder file on your computer.

The people at Finger Lakes Control Integrators (http://www.flcontrol.com/) did lots of 409 stuff many years ago.
Old April 8th, 2005, 02:56 PM   #5
jstolaruk
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Unregistered
IIRC, the PLC ladder code is actually compiled into Motorola 6809(?) machine code so you cannot get the ladder from it. You must have the original source ladder file on your computer.

The people at Finger Lakes Control Integrators (http://www.flcontrol.com/) did lots of 409 stuff many years ago.
Haa, good old Motorola 6809e. Did a lot of assembler programming for that processor back in the good old days. First micro I worked with that supported indirect addressing.
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Maxbeers
United States

Do you still have the software?
Also do yo have the Programming Manual.
Old April 6th, 2004, 04:08 PM   #7
jprindle
United States

You might want to call Sheffield Automation directly. Their phone # can be found at www.giddings.com. I have never worked with their older stuff, but the software for their newer systems (PicPro) is some of the best I have ever seen. Their tech support is also very good. Good luck.
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:01 AM   #8
jstolaruk
United States

Suggest you start a new thread, you'll get more responses considering this thread's age.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum