DL05 Directsoft V-Memory Access

OneDeadPixel

Hello,

I'm an absolute newbie to the world of PLC's, and I'm currently using a DL05 with a F0-04AD-1 Analog Input Card, trying to take in 4-20mA output from several vibration sensors.

All I'm trying to do right now is follow the Analog Module manual's steps for setting up this particular module's V-memory locations on the DL05 as shown here:

o240xbY.png

I am able to create the [LD K8400] and [LDA O2000] instructions, but DirectSoft won't accept V7700 or V7701 for the output instructions.

I believe that I've got everything set up correctly, and I can see the Analog Card when I click Configure I/O, so I think it's being recognized. Does anyone have any ideas as to why the program won't allow me to utilize those memory locations?

Thanks for your assistance!

If you were to use the hand-held interface the two different OUT commands are done differently. But in DirectSoft the two OUTs start off seeming the same and the default choice is the OUT to a single bit location (I would bet that the single-bit OUT form is the more likely choice - hence the default). Thus the '/' becomes necessary. By the way, it (the '/') can also be used to toggle between normally open and normally closed forms of a contact or between the various forms of the comparative contact.

If you choose 'Box' from the 'Ladder Pallet Bar' then type 'OUT' you get the V-Memory OUT form because the 'Box' tab is the first selection.

Last edited: