MicroLogix 1200 + PV C300 + AIC + PF 4M Help please!

dosceroseis

Hi guys! I'm Leandro from Argentina, and i'm starting to write on this
great forum for the first time. I always read your treads, and I have to say:
Thanks!! You always helped me, only reading!

Now I have to make a few questions, because i didn't find an answer to my
problem. Here is my project:

I'm working with a MicroLogix 1200 with two DIN comm ports (one on the front,
the other in its side). My HMI is a PanelView C300. I've got one AIC+ and two
PowerFlex 4M.

And this is how it works: The PV C300 is connected by the 1761-CBL-PM02
cable to the SIDE PORT of the ML 1200. Then, in the FRONT PORT and with
another 1761-CBL-PM02 cable, I've got connected the AIC+. Finally, I connect
my two PF 4M via RJ45 to the AIC+ RS-485 comm port (phoenix plug).

My trouble: I've got full comm from the PV C300 to the ML 1200, but I have nothing
from the AIC+. I can read/write every tag with the panel to the PLC: lights, stepper motor,
buttons, everything works fine, but I cannot activate the PowerFlex!!!!
Is really annoying, and it's makes me nuts. I tried with new cables, with new RJ45,
switching 485 cables, but nothing happend. No flashing leds, only steady, and
that is strange. Because I've got 3 steady leds when I connect: RS-230 (db9) TX and
PWR. And the right hand TX, just below the RS-232 DIN.
The TX left hand led (below the RS-485) always stays OFF.

I think its about configuration, because my program runs fine, almost everything
works, but the PF 4M.
Please, if anyone can help me, I'm lack of ideas...
Thanks a lot for reading me, and please, sorry by my english!!!!!
Regards, Leo

The PowerFlex 4M drives use Modbus RTU protocol.

Do you have the Channel 0 port of the MicroLogix 1200R configured for Modbus RTU ? How are your MSG instructions configured ? Do they return error codes ?

If you can post the MicroLogix 1200R program (*.RSS) somebody might be able to have a look at it for you.

The PowerFlex 4M drives use Modbus RTU protocol.

Do you have the Channel 0 port of the MicroLogix 1200R configured for Modbus RTU ? How are your MSG instructions configured ? Do they return error codes ?

If you can post the MicroLogix 1200R program (*.RSS) somebody might be able to have a look at it for you.

Thanks for your reply, Ken.
Well, I'm a really beginner with A-B products. But I'll really appreciate if you give some "step by step" to follow the config.
I'v got the RSS in my notebook computer, but I don't have it here. Tomorrow I will post.
I've got no errors codes, because (I think) the AIC+ is not talking with the ML 1200 (no blinking leds at all).

Thanks again Ken!