You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 15th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #16
bnrnewbie
Indonesia

Question about BnR's Panel PC

I have an old Panel PC 720 and we want to change it to Panel PC 725, the question is if we install the flash card from the Panel PC 720 to the new Panel PC 725 will it work out just fine? and executes the program from the compact flash?
Old June 15th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #17
CapinWinky
United States

Not if the project is ARemb, but if you have the source project you can simply change the target to a 725 and it should work (if you have AS3.X or 4.X, you can create a new configuration with 725 as the target).

If the project is ARwin, it might just work, they are pretty much the same thing and Windows is more flexible about things than VxWorks is.
Old June 15th, 2015, 07:28 PM   #18
bnrnewbie
Indonesia

Thanks CapinWinky for your feedback. Yes that's the problem I don't have the source code. The source code is in the OEM but we tried asking them for it. I just hope that the project is in ARwin just like you said. By the way i have AS 4.0
Old June 18th, 2015, 12:35 AM   #19
bnrnewbie
Indonesia

i Have another problem the CPU board for my PanelPC 720 is 5PC600.X855-04 is this CPU board will work fine with PanelPC 725??
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:26 AM   #20
Kashi86
United States

Hello there, I am very new to B&R. My biggest concern so far is that why it takes forever for automation studio to compile? I am using a trial version and If i have a program with even a single line of code it takes forever to build configuration. I do have a power panel though. When my project has only a VC component, it builds configuration in few seconds....I am confused to what I'm doing wrong to have such a long build configuration time>>> PLEASE GUIDE ME!!
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:34 AM   #21
CapinWinky
United States

If you selected the option to transfer the source code as an archive file, that adds a lot to compile time. Also, doing a build-all instead of just a build or transfer will make it recompile everything, which takes a while.

On an SSD in a higher end, but two year old laptop, I can do a build all on a medium sized machine in about 50 seconds and a regular build after some program changes in about 15 seconds. If I check the archive box it adds about 10 seconds.
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:38 AM   #22
Kashi86
United States

I am just doing Build with F7. Where do i find the option for "transferring the source code as an archive file?" Also I dont remember seeing "Build All" either....
I have an SSD with i7.
Thanks for your guidance
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:03 AM   #23
CapinWinky
United States

To check the archiving option, right click the configuration and select "Properties" and the window that pops up has a tab for all the source code transfer options. By default, it is all turned off though. Build all is Ctrl + F7 and it is in the project menu right under Build and I thought it was included by default on the toolbar right next to build.

Is there any particular output box text where it seems to be getting stuck? I know there was an issue one of my visualizations where it was checking a network path for some reason and had to wait for it to time out. I ended up editing an XML file by hand to remove the network path reference.
Old April 16th, 2018, 04:35 PM   #24
Kashi86
United States

I have i7 with 16 gigs of RAM. I have only an empty program with just a default visualization and it seems to get stuck at this point:

Compiling C:/BrAutomation/AS43/AS/GnuInst/V4.1.2/i386-elf/include/bur/_bur_pvdef.st .

With no Program object at all it takes few seconds but as soon as i add a program object it takes forever to build configuration. Actually i got a Power Panel 65 few days ago and i wanted to check if it works. It seems to work fine with just a VC component but as soon as I add a Program object (without even a single line of code) Build configuration gets stucked. If you suggest, I can share my program code with you or any snapshot.
thanks a bunch for your kind help
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum