Studio 5000 download question

RBergmann

Haven't used Studio 5000 for a while. Here's my situation:

Studio 5000, 1756-L81E
Used Bootp to configure IP in processor want to now download program. Have been able to successfully ping the IP. Even after power recycle so I know it's good.

In Studio 5000, Controller Properties - Internet Protocol, I wanted to enter my network configuration but all the tab entries are greyed out. How do I correct to enter the IP and Subnet?

Once you've assigned an IP address in BootP, you should be able to see the controller in RSLinx. Right click on the module and configure it, assigning the correct IP Address and Subnet there. Remember that if you are changing the IP Address to one with a different third group, you will lose comms with the processor when you accept the changes.

Might be worth mentioning that the L81E has a front USB port, so if you have a USB cable with that type of end, you can easily plug in using that and assign an IP address through the USB driver in linx instead. That's always been more straight forward and easy for me than fudging around with BootP.