DirectLogic 405 PLC Programming

wilvil2000

I am stuck with a DL405 PLC that I bought from Ebay pretty cheap, I guess, and I need two things; A programming cable and the software. As it turns out, I can afford the cable but the software "Directsoft 32" costs too much for me. I bought the PLC to learn Ladder Logic but I need the software. Does anybody know of an affordable software package that I can use to program this PLC?

Thank you,
Wil

Sorry to say, I think you're stuck. The DL405 needs the 'full' version of DirectSOFT as the 405 is the A-D's high-end PLC. You would have been better off looking for a DL05 or DL105 to play with. As you probably know, you can get DL05/105 specific DirectSOFT for only UD$99. Hopefully, you didn't pay much more than $200 for that 405, because you can buy a DL05 + software for about that same price, NEW, from Automation Direct.

I 'think' the v3.0 demo software (available HERE) will work with the DL405. You can only write small programs, but it IS free.

Keep checking on Ebay. You might be able to find the software there. Just be sure it's 'legitimate', or it won't work.

You can save US$29 and make your own cable. The wiring diagram is HERE.

beerchug

-Eric