Fanuc R30iA not working after Expert Tech Support from Fanuc.

peelseeds

I am desperate need of someone who is familiar with Fanuc. Just the simple basic stuff really.

I have been trying to setup DCS on Ethernet/IP using the same COMM port as the regular IO.

I was on the phone for few hours with an expert who was trying to guide me through this process (he wasn't really sure on a few things. the technote wasn't clear. we tried a bunch of things and he had to go for the weekend. I am stuck here with a down robot and people breathing down my neck.

I have some experience Fanucs; touchup points, I'm very familiar with the interface on the teach pendant.

My current big issue. when I try to home the robot from the HMI (which has always works) the Pendant gives me status message of

SYST-015 Robot service request failed
MEMO-073 Program does not exist

I always noticed on the teach pendant, the BUSY and RUN indicators are always yellow. They usually are green. I've accurately reverted all the changes back to original settings (in PLC config software;rslogix5000, and in the robot side of things)

question is, how do I get out of being BUSY and RUN? the error seems straight forward, but no programs were deleted in the robot so its almost like a communications issue?

I don't know what to do, please help

You should be able to see what program is calling the missing program on the top line of the teach pendant.

I am not familiar with that particular controller, but does it have a keyswitch?

yes it does. it has a switch on the pendant and on the controller.

I dont see what program called that program.

If I shut everything down and power back up. I should be able to hit HOME robot from HMI and the robot should go to home position.
I just see that msg that's it

yes it does. it has a switch on the pendant and on the controller.

I dont see what program called that program.

If I shut everything down and power back up. I should be able to hit HOME robot from HMI and the robot should go to home position.
I just see that msg that's it

Okay, so can you establish how the robot is interfaced to the HMI? We will need complete details to be of further help.

Start with the basics, LED indicators on the interface, make sure things are happy, power is right everywhere, no fault lights, then gather as much documentation as possible and post it here.

no fault lights.
just earlier this week. this was working. if we wanted to home the robot from the HMI, we need to make sure all faults were gone, and the safety circuit were OK.

there is so much documentation to post...

It sounds like you have lost some of your programs.

In the past, what exactly were you doing to invoke a home from the pendant?

Do you have a backup of your compact flash?

Phone guy had to go for the weekend, and your production is DOWN?
If I did that, I wouldn't be invited back to work on Monday.....

no fault lights.
just earlier this week. this was working. if we wanted to home the robot from the HMI, we need to make sure all faults were gone, and the safety circuit were OK.

there is so much documentation to post...
Well, give us the overview. Are you running one of the Fanuc tools add on programs? How is it configured?

Do you have a controller backup on CF? In the future, make a controller backup before any visits, even from the Fanuc guys, who have always been top notch in my dealings.

Without knowing anything about how the robot is integrated, it is really hard to help you.

I recommend you register the robots with Fanuc, and pay them for a field visit. Then, in the future, you can get excellent tech support, but they do charge for books...a few hundred dollars for exact manuals with program listings can be money well spent.

Also, I make a preventive maintenance item that includes making a controller backup as well as teach pendant backups at least once a year and before/after any major changes.

Also, print (text file) the programs to CF with the TP backups so you can open them offline for study/concatenation.

As DamianInRochester stated, it sounds like a program was deleted from the robot. Can you send the robot home manually, i.e., from the teach pendant as opposed to the HMI? If you are getting these faults on the pendant, your hmi/comm setup is most likely fine. If I was there, the first thing I would do is verify the code/subroutine logic in the robot. If you are not familiar with that, you could try cold starting the robot, that usually fixes the robot if it gets confused.

Sounds to me that the HMI would turn on a DI or DO that would run a macro program to home your robot. Look in all you programs and see if you got one that is a marco type. Then see if one of the macro programs homes the robot. hopefully the program is not lost and just not set to the correct DI or DO to run. As other have suggested I always do a Image back-up and a Backup all on are Fanuc robots before messing with them. It is nice to have the ability to restore a robot to a good working condition.

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. Greatly appreciated.

The issue was the Program Select was set to RSR (Default) and not PNS.

I assume when I modified system variables and/or during the DCS setup the Prog Select defaulted to RSR. all good now until I finish implementing DCS.

Thanks Again everyone