Ethernet Comms from TI545 PLC to CompactLogix

LogicON

I have a TI545 PLC connected to the Ethernet and a CompactLogix's connected to the Ethernet. Is there anyway of the two PLC communicating to each other? I am currently using a SCADA package to take send/receive commands from one PLC to the other and it is not the best setup as the SCADA most always be running.

I highly doubt it. Ethernet in this case is just a cable medium, not a protocol definition, and two aren't remotely sending similar data packets. You COULD do it with profibus if your TI545 is the later model with a DP-Profibus port built in. Then, add a Profibus module to the CLX, set it up as a master and make the 545 a slave.

Ha, good to know. Seems to be a recent addition with firmware 2.0 and above. I used the old 10Mb cards years ago and a few 10/100's (A version) in the past couple of years, but never had the occasion to try it with CLX. So, apologies to OP for steering down the wrong path!

The CTI 2572-A cards are simple, fast, and easy to use. They are highly recommended for TI <-> RA communications over EtherNet/IP.

I run a setup that uses a TI545 and a ControlLigix. We are using the CTI card (2572-A). All the tags are run through a KEP Server. We are using RSView SE for the HMI's and it works very well. It is very easy to set up and CTI's tech support is great! KEPWare makes it very easy!

OPC solution?

I would advise using an OPC bridge- something like OPCdatahub

Now the thing is - is there an OPC driver for the TI545?

Give kepware a call and see if they have one

Alternatively have a look at Redlion's datastation to act as an opc coms module for the TI545
Or connect a serial to ethernet convertor- not sure which one will do the job on a TI- but I recently had success with an **** unit with an old s7 200

- I'm going to have the same issue myself shortly and this would seem the most cost effective solution for me- not sure how the rest of your infrastructure is set up but give it a go