FatoryTalk View SE (network) Display Question

clownbrother2

Hello,

I am working with FactoryTalk View SE (networked) and would like to password protect a HMI display screen. Is there a way to protect this said display screen in Studio without having to set-up all the security users?

Right now I have a "Display Selector List" set up for the operators to jump to different screens on this said HMI.

How can I restrict the operators from selecting and having access to a display that they do not need to be on? But allow maintenance access to the display for troubleshooting when need be. I would like to protect just this one display screen without having to issue or create a bunch of user groups and passwords.

Thanks,
Don
o_O

So if I set up the maintenance guys in users and set up the displays security code they would be the only ones' to have access during run time? Because right now we do not require anyone to log on to the system to view the display screens. Or am I looking at this wrong?

That's one way. I like to make all screens viewable by anyone. If you wnat ot change something, that's when you need to login. What kind of a screen is it? You could for example, use visibility to hide data entry fields or buttons.

Yes I would also like to keep the screen visiable, so I would have to set up each push button or data entry so it would require a log on button to change a state or value? Then I would also have to add a log off button?

How would I set up each button or data enter to require a log on?

Would I still need to create a user to allow this?

I know that RSview has a log-in and a log-out button that you can use but I can't seem to find any in my FactoryTalk. Any ideas?

Thanks

Use a numeric or string tag connected to the PLC. For "Security", change the font to something unreadable like WingDings.

In the PLC, just do a compare between the entered value, and either a numeric or string value in the PLC. If they are the same, turn on a bit, if they are different, turn the bit off.

On the HMI, use the bit to control the visibility of whatever you want secured... True = visible, False = invisible. You can do that for Goto screen buttons as well. On the HMI, include another button to clear the entered password to "Log out".

Much easier then dealing with FTViews idiotic security system, and it works on all HMI's that support an invisibility attribute.