You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 31st, 2020, 06:37 AM   #16
alfhuckett
United Kingdom

It's just a standard pump control system with duty/back up pumps to control the level in the well.

Omron 61FGP level relay (or equivalent) with multiple probes cut to length to operate the pumps.
Old July 31st, 2020, 07:33 AM   #17
I_Automation
United States

Put in a proposal updating the control to modern technology.

Just protect the level probes in a pipe from turbulence and debris.
Old July 31st, 2020, 07:55 AM   #18
sparkie
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Well, the plans called for putting in a PLC as part of the system, so I didn't see much need for any kind of separate controller for the system.
Old July 31st, 2020, 10:28 AM   #19
I_Automation
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Well, the plans called for putting in a PLC as part of the system, so I didn't see much need for any kind of separate controller for the system.
If you wire direct to a PLC and want to use probes in the tank you will need electronic level controls to send the signals. - - Not promoting that one, just came up first on Google - -

For a straight PLC wiring it would have to be something like individual discreet floats or similar.
Old July 31st, 2020, 01:46 PM   #20
ERCfarcontrol
United States

In the steam industry we use a conductivity relay brand called Warrick. The probe(s) are attached to a head that is rated for high pressures. Probes are just 1/4" stainless rod with 1/4-20 threads on one end, made on site. They do need to be kept somewhat clean, the point of failure when using in a steam boiler is scale build up. They are nice because there are no moving parts to wear out.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum